Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Anyone interested in Bitwig?

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #20918

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Hey guys.

For those of you interested in seeing what Bitwig is all about then check out this video of Music Production Tutorials going through Bitwig and using its native instruments and effects.

Looks really smart, very much like Ableton, reverb sounds real nice....check it out. :)

Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #20921

• kim.loco
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 32
finally bitwig is out..Downloading the demo right now,but i am kinda sure i buying it in the end..Looks so awsome with tons of cool features...
can`t wait to try it...

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #20923

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Yeah I'm seeing mostly good feedback on it. Certainly very interesting and there are some things that I think would help my workflow like the bounce audio. Honestly though I'm going to be waiting a bit. Considering I have a working DAW and it's likely that Bitwig will have sales on it eventually I have no reason to jump on it immediately.

Long story short....Bitwig looks cool and there's a lot of hype going on (one of my favorite instructors and house artist Olav Basoski is using bitwig now). Don't buy into the hype. Get the demo. See if the product provides a significantly better workflow for you personally. If it does then how much are you willing to pay for it? That $400 could buy you something else that your workflow is missing. Monitors, plugins, hardware, etc. I'm very interested in bitwig but not at that price. If it goes on sale for quite a bit off then I may have to take another look. Also I'm willing to bet that ableton will be responding to some of the features that bitwig is throwing out there. So it's possible that you may pick up bitwig only for ableton to bring out similar features. I'll be interested to see possible new features as the result of the competition. Love competition. Keeps innovation rolling. ;)

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #20924

• brenno9
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 56
Yeah I agree. I feel like I'm just now starting to understand ableton so a switch for me is not gonna happen any time soon.

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #20925

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Yeah personally Live 9 does what i need it t do for the moment, I agree with you Mr Fork, that £400 could go to some seriously good headphones or towards some monitors.

I will look at bitwig in a year or so...but then i think Ableton will come back with something stronger, who knows.
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #20938

• SandvichDISH!
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 52
I had a feel-around with the demo and it seemed pretty nice. I see no reason to abandon Live for it, though. Perhaps in the future it'll grow out to be one of the big players in the DAW market because it does seem promising.

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #20960

• mykul0rr
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi All,

Yep, had a good look, of course there is hype, its new and they want to provoke interest.

There are some interesting things in there and the Nektar integration looks nice.

It does kind of take bits from Logic/Live/Cubase and throw them all together; but it also opens up avenues for Java geeks.

There does seem to be a two tier class system now with DAWs. Protools & Nuendo seem to be pretty much parked in the high end recording places.
Below that come a whole range of DAWs…Logic/Live/Cubase/DP etc…

Then you have the DAW creator gear Live/Reason/FruityLoops

I think Bitwig will, like Live be trying to have a foot in the creator & general DAW markets.
The price I am seeing is £250/299 euro. I am curious to see how it pans out, they are already talking that it will be going down the web participation path re collabs something which I have never entertained.

Unless it does something really dramatic, I have a feeling Live will be just fine.
Until now, nothing has really challenged Live's performance view, now they will have to up their game a touch.
Interesting times now with music, long may it continue.

Anyone interested in Bitwig? 3 years 5 months ago #21002

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Some guy from another forum has started a blog page about his bitwig experience.
Really interesting, and including a section called "WTF! Things that will annoy Ableton users" ;)

hypxr.com/bitwig/

Luc
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock / soundcloud.com/lucky-one / www.facebook.com/luckyoneMusic
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37, Bl4cksun

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts