Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9

Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9 3 years 5 months ago #22193

• Jemeneye
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 55
Hello Tom Cosm fam! I've been delving into sound design (never thought I'd turn into a synth guy :blush: ) and I just finished watching the amazing Ableton Live Sound Design 2 - Basslines grouping available for Pro members. I came across something very interesting and intriguing (to a newer producer like myself anyway...) that appeared in Ableton Live Sound Design 2 - Basslines - Bassline 9
cosm.co.nz/index.php?option=com_zoo&task...tem_id=55&Itemid=252

In this video, Tom opens up a spectrum analyzer 3rd party plugin by NuGen Audio called Visualizer. I was completely blown away by the visual detail that I'm seriously considering telling Live's "Spectrum" to take a hike. Just so you know I'm an "all in the box" guy when it comes to ableton live's native devices. However, I feel like I would kind of be a fool if I didn't pick this up, as I'm really trying to be completely on top of my sound and the frequencies. Does anyone on here know if this a total quality plug in for audio visual representation? I'm not doubting the great wisdom of one Tom Cosm of course, however, you can never be sure how old a video was posted and perhaps a better spectrum analyzer has come out since them. Any thoughts on NuGen Audio Visualizer (or any other possibly better device) would be greatly appreciated. It costs $200 USD so it is pricey, however, it looks amazing! Link to the site.... I don't mind the spending the $$.
www.nugenaudio.com/visualizer-audio-anal...plugin-aax-au-vst_26
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9 3 years 5 months ago #22196

• brenno9
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 56
Both of those are great visualizers. However, I highly recommend voxengo SPAN. I just picked it up and is is so freakin sweet I don't know how I lived without it. Ther best part is, wait for it........IT'S FREE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jemeneye

Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9 3 years 5 months ago #22256

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I had to do a bunch of seeking but I finally found this page again. It might be interesting as it seems to have a huge range of signal analyzers and visualizers.
Most or all are free, sooooo..... anyway
www.studiotoolz.net/audio-software/spectrum-analyzer/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jemeneye

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts