Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9

Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9 3 years 3 months ago #22193

• Jemeneye
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 55
Hello Tom Cosm fam! I've been delving into sound design (never thought I'd turn into a synth guy :blush: ) and I just finished watching the amazing Ableton Live Sound Design 2 - Basslines grouping available for Pro members. I came across something very interesting and intriguing (to a newer producer like myself anyway...) that appeared in Ableton Live Sound Design 2 - Basslines - Bassline 9
cosm.co.nz/index.php?option=com_zoo&task...tem_id=55&Itemid=252

In this video, Tom opens up a spectrum analyzer 3rd party plugin by NuGen Audio called Visualizer. I was completely blown away by the visual detail that I'm seriously considering telling Live's "Spectrum" to take a hike. Just so you know I'm an "all in the box" guy when it comes to ableton live's native devices. However, I feel like I would kind of be a fool if I didn't pick this up, as I'm really trying to be completely on top of my sound and the frequencies. Does anyone on here know if this a total quality plug in for audio visual representation? I'm not doubting the great wisdom of one Tom Cosm of course, however, you can never be sure how old a video was posted and perhaps a better spectrum analyzer has come out since them. Any thoughts on NuGen Audio Visualizer (or any other possibly better device) would be greatly appreciated. It costs $200 USD so it is pricey, however, it looks amazing! Link to the site.... I don't mind the spending the $$.
www.nugenaudio.com/visualizer-audio-anal...plugin-aax-au-vst_26
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9 3 years 3 months ago #22196

• brenno9
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 56
Both of those are great visualizers. However, I highly recommend voxengo SPAN. I just picked it up and is is so freakin sweet I don't know how I lived without it. Ther best part is, wait for it........IT'S FREE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jemeneye

Audio Visualizer Spectrum Analysis Tom Cosm Bass 9 3 years 3 months ago #22256

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I had to do a bunch of seeking but I finally found this page again. It might be interesting as it seems to have a huge range of signal analyzers and visualizers.
Most or all are free, sooooo..... anyway
www.studiotoolz.net/audio-software/spectrum-analyzer/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jemeneye

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts