Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: You can test the u-he HIVE Beta for free for now

You can test the u-he HIVE Beta for free for now 2 years 9 months ago #23224

• ProAnMac
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Guys,

this is my first post, here in this community, I just stumbled across this and red for a while.

I noticed than nobody gave HIVE attention in here, and many producers here are using Sylenth quite a lot for all those supersaws, and sylenth is practically not being updated anymore I thought I share this with you, since there are claims that u-he is trying to get to the sylenth market.

Here is a link so you can test it out:
www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=427734

What do you think of this synth? Will it kill sylenth?

...André

EDIT:

Since I was asked to compare HIVE to Serum on youtube, I'm going to post it here, too. It might help some of you out.:

"I actually use Serum on almost all my tracks. I really love that one. And I have to say it's really hard to compare Serum and HIVE. Serum relies on it's wavetable engine, morphing waveforms with automation. That's simply not possible with HIVE.

What I can say though is that Serums oscillators are way cleaner and more controllable. You cannot choose the starting-position on the waveform in HIVE you can just choose between "retrigger" or "no retrigger". You also can't choose the level between the "middle wave" and the "stereo waves"(serums "blend"-knob ) like you can when using unison in serum. But you can kinda make up for it using the sub-osc as a "middle-saw". But HIVE has a sub-osc for each of the osc, whereas serum just has one. You can also set the sub Bosc to a 5th or anything else using the semitone-tuning-knob in HIVE.

Overall HIVE is lacking a little bit in terms of control. In Serum you can use 3 Envelopes and 4 LFOs (wich can be used in envelope-mode, too) to modulate everything. HIVE only has two LFOs (3 if you count the vibrato one, wich can be mapped to anything but is only sine wave) and four Envelopes. To loop the envelopes you have to use up a LFO for triggering. And the LFO forms are not as flexible as in Serum.

What I really like on HIVE though is, that the Unison just sounds a lot smoother, less mathematic than Serums.
And the filter if HIVE is really awesome, too. It doesn't have 10000 different modes like serum has, but the ones it does have sound really amazing. It does have a little bit of stepping in the filter though.

In the end I haven't spend enough time with it to test out every feature and decide if HIVE is worth a buy, but gladly we can test it for free until the end of January."
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by ProAnMac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bl4cksun

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts