Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Live looping in Ableton + Slice to MIDI

Live looping in Ableton + Slice to MIDI 2 years 5 months ago #24024

I believe I've got an interesting question here. I'm not super familiar with the looping and slice-to-midi functions in Ableton Live, but I will be using them a lot in the near future...
Hoping it's possible to-
1. Record a loop, and while it is playing, slice it to midi, without the new channel automatically playing? (I'd have both these channels within a group track which is routed to send A, in turn going through dummy clip tracks for effects)
2. I'm hoping to somehow make assignments to a single button on my controller to slice the loop, after which I'd press another button to stop the first clip and simultaneously activate the sliced version, so I can start performing with it.

If I were to guess, this may require remote scripting (if it's even possible) and although I'm sure I can operate something like ClyphX, at this point doing my own scripting is over my head. If anyone has a solution, thanks in advance!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts