Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Red Book Audio Software

Red Book Audio Software 1 year 6 months ago #24377

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Hey guys, I am getting one of my albums pressed up and I need to compile a Red Book Audio CD and save it as an image file to hand to the duplication/replication plant.
Basically this is a standard professional quality Audio CD format, like you would expect buy in the shops, with PQ points and Disc info and so on. It's more than a simple burn of audio to a CD. The plant say they can do this but will most probably charge me and I won't be sure that they will do it to my level of nerdiness, when it comes to correct labelling of tracks and so on.

In 2005 , when I made my first album, I used Steinberg Wavelab to do this (v5 I think), but I don't have that any more. Does anyone know a freeware program that does this and makes this easy? I don't really want to pay £80 for Sony's CD Architect, when I am only making a short run of CDs

I am on Windows 8 64Bit OS, on PC.

Cheers,

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by DamonBreakz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Red Book Audio Software 1 year 6 months ago #24378

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
This 15 day trial might do it! www.nero.com/eng/products/nero-burning-r...e-trial-download.php

//Damon Breakz\\

Red Book Audio Software 1 year 6 months ago #24380

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Nero are timewasting nob heads. They neglected to mention the 100MB limit when burning a CD on the 15 day trial. :angry: ..uninstalling!!

Anyone else got anything that works?

//Damon Breakz\\

Red Book Audio Software 1 year 6 months ago #24381

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
this is supposed to work but you need to create a cue (text file) - free
www.imgburn.com/
info on a cue file wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Cuesheet

Also you can get a free trial of wavelab supposedly full featured
www.steinberg.net/en/products/wavelab/trial.html
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Bl4cksun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamonBreakz

Red Book Audio Software 1 year 5 months ago #24386

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Not sure if any of the burners on ninite would help. They're all free so you can always try them. Ninite is basically my go to when it comes to windows free software. They allow you to click what you want to install and give you one installer that has all those annoying "would you like this toolbar or antivirus" options removed. As a computer tech it's worth it's weight in gold. Check it out. It's pretty slick.

ninite.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamonBreakz

Red Book Audio Software 1 year 5 months ago #24393

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Bl4cksun wrote:
this is supposed to work but you need to create a cue (text file) - free
www.imgburn.com/
info on a cue file wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Cuesheet

Also you can get a free trial of wavelab supposedly full featured
www.steinberg.net/en/products/wavelab/trial.html

Thanks, I did see the imgbrn way but don't trust it enough for my album master. I will check the wavelab demo! hopefully there will be no hidden limitations

//Damon Breakz\\

Red Book Audio Software 1 year 5 months ago #24394

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
if you have access to a linux machine and enough knowledge to drive it, you can use the standard linux cd tools...have a link somewhere, let me know if you want to try this way and ill dig it out. Not as simple as wave lab probably but didn't seem that hard.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts