Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Electric, Tension, Collision OH MY!!!!!!!

Electric, Tension, Collision OH MY!!!!!!! 2 years 2 weeks ago #24429

• Jemeneye
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 55
Hello brother and sister-in-DAWs. It seems these forums are rather quiet these days... So I decided to hopefully drum up some discussion: ON THIS THREAD LETS SHARE TUTORIALS, TIPS/TRICKS ON COLLISION, ELECTRIC, AND TENSION!!! the most under appreciated instruments in Ableton Live!!!!

I've had Live 9 Suite for some time now and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable and confident in my sound design with Operator, Analog, and Sampler. However, I've just realized that I've for some reason neglected 3 other instruments that I feel NO ONE uses (check youtube or google for Electric, Tension, or Collision tutorials and you'll find few and far between. These rarely used instruments, i'm sure, are capable for a lot of great sound design possibilities!! For those of you who don't know here's a general brief description of these instruments:

Electric: Electric offers the sounds of classic electric pianos- emulating classic electric pianos like the Rhodes and Wurlitzer although you can certainly create your own sounds! I've only tweaked about this instrument the other day and its definitely less complicated than Tension and Collision.

Tension: Tension is a physical modeling string synthesizer. Who doesn't want to create their own unique string sounds?

Collision: Collision is a unique instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Unique and ethnic percussion anyone? yes please!

So lets start the dialogue! Who has good tutorials on these? Mr Fork or K37 do you make tutorials? Maybe you could enlighten us if you guys are pros on these. I'm sure there are a lot of folks on this forum who haven't even touched these more than capable devices! I will do my best to share whatever helpful tutorials I find and I might even post my own tutorials if I find I start to get the nack for one of these.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucky one

Electric, Tension, Collision OH MY!!!!!!! 2 years 2 weeks ago #24432

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Hey man.

I don't make tutorials for anything mate but i do agree these instruments are awesome for their sound design qualities and i use Collision and Tension a little bit for this reason.
I tend to bounce down different patches depending on what I'm looking for whilst using different delays for rhythmic effects.
Mr Bill released a great tutorial using this technique a while back for Ableton Live 8 and i found it really interesting, you can get some good sounds out of them especially when adding saturation and the right delays, really good for effects etc..
I'm certainly no pro with these instruments and i don't use them as often as i should but I do find them very handy when it comes to sound design, it will be interesting to see how others use them. ;)
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts