Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: routing multiple return tracks to a single audio

routing multiple return tracks to a single audio 11 months 1 week ago #25878

• dugdigit
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi folks,
I'm working on a project for a production course and part of my assignment is to set up multiple return tracks with different synced delays on each return track, and then route them all to a single bus for applying sidechain compression to the entire effects mix with a single compressor.
The problem I'm having is that when I route the audio from my return tracks into another audio track the delays are no longer synced, that is to say there is an extra bit of delay, for instance a 1/4 note delay no longer repeats on the 1/4 notes, it's a little bit late and it sounds out of sync. As far as i can tell it is not possible to group return tracks into a single bus in Ableton for applying an effect on the entire effects return submix.
In the end I just had to add the same compressor to each return track to get the result I wanted.
Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

routing multiple return tracks to a single audio 10 months 1 day ago #25921

Hi dugdigit,

Just for curiosity, have you try to create a new return track, set it to "pre" mode, activate it on all the "delay" return track, send 100% of the signal to it, and put the fader's "delay" return track to -inf... and hear if you still have this extra bit of delay ?

John
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts