Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: New Soundcloud Group

New Soundcloud Group 3 years 3 months ago #19039

Hi there,

I've just created a new Soundcloud group! Sounds of Anarchy :P

This group is for those who like making music out of unmusical sounds. To get a better idea, you can listen to the first track, "24bit shit". It is simply a recording of me playing with a synth. As you can hear, it's shit. The second sound "24bit Grit" is a finished psytrance tune that was made out of the aforementioned shit. (I cut out small pieces of the shitty sample and rearranged them into a rhythmic thing)

The first rule of this group is, "You have to upload the shit you started with AND the shit you ended with." This is actually the only rule.

There are no genre/style restrictions. Anything goes! (as long as the above rule is followed... I will be watching ;)

Happy musicking :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamonBreakz

New Soundcloud Group 3 years 3 months ago #19043

• Urban Fox
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 6
Cool, I reckon I'll have a little stab at that :)

I'm super ill atm so definitely in the right frame of mind :sick: :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father, Son and Alcohol

New Soundcloud Group 3 years 3 months ago #19045

Lol. Go for it. Stab the shit out of it! :D

New Soundcloud Group 3 years 3 months ago #19047

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Cool idea FS&A. Is this your contribution to 'Cosmic Core - Trance From The Core' ? =)

//Damon Breakz\\

New Soundcloud Group 3 years 3 months ago #19069

I'm not sure, Damon. After I finished it, I realized that all of my samples were rendered at 24bit, so I rendered the entire track in 24bit to avoid artifacts. Not sure if I'm being overly fussy about that, but I could render another version at 16bit to see how it sounds.

Either way, I started writing this track before I heard about the trance album, so I thought I'd write something else for it, unless you'd prefer this one.

Let me know and thanks for listening :)

New Soundcloud Group 3 years 3 months ago #19080

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Cool idea. Can I record anything? As long as it's awful? I have some ideas already....

New Soundcloud Group 3 years 3 months ago #19082

Yes, you can record absolutely anything in any genre/style. The sample you start with can be terrible/bizarre/annoying, as long as your final tune has some pieces of it. There's also no restriction in terms of what you use in your tune, you can always add new sounds to it. But that first sample is the key. Go for it!

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts