Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed!

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 9 months ago #19223

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Hi guys,

Another shameless plug for my Kickstarter project, which is finally live!

I want to make a full album and I need your help! I need an army of people to post , repost, tweet and retweet with me to spread the word and make this happen. People on this forum know me, I give back the vibes in return wherever I can. If I make it with this album , it is not just good for me but all those close to me and that includes the Cosm.co.nz family!

Everyone who gives just £1 will get the Album in MP3 and a PDF book about the project. If I don't meet the £9000 I am asking for within 27 days, nothing will be debited from my backers accounts and I will get zero pounds.

MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT

Check out my video, it explains everything in detail:

I am taking a bundle of my original songs on vocals and guitar and making an Album I have had in my mind for many years, called 'Earth and Stone'.

I have been involved in a lot of electronic music over the years, and more recently the Brazilian styles of Samba, MPB and Bossa Nova. So, I'll be recording the chords, drums and percussion in a more Brazilian style, drawing on those influences to create a truly unique sounding Album.

I'll be using the best DI boxes and microphones in professionally treated acoustic live rooms. The signals will be going through some awesome digital and vintage equipment for audio recording, editing and mixing, including an SSL desk with valve outboard gear and Protools with the best available plug-ins. All this will be pumped out to great calibrated Monitors and spectral analysers so that the engineers get the sound just right.

Here are all the links in one place

Check out the project and make a pledge!: www.kickstarter.com/projects/daveholmes/...ian-influenced-album

Add me as a Facebook friend: www.facebook.com/dave.holmes.profile

Like my Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/daveholmesmusic

Twitter: www.twitter.com/daveholmesmusic

Listen to some album sketches which I will rerecord in Portugal: soundcloud.com/daveholmes/sets/earthandstonealbumsketches

Join the event and countdown to the end of the funding window!:
www.facebook.com/events/761299950551065/

With your help I can do this. Thank you all!

=Dave Holmes (//Damon Breakz\\)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 9 months ago #19240

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Did you get my pledge bud? ;)

How you getting on with this project anyways :)
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamonBreakz

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 9 months ago #19244

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Thanks for this Karl. really picked me up! It's not going well so far but I've still got 26 days left. Fingers crossed. Thanks to you and Luc I still have hope! =D

//Damon Breakz\\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 9 months ago #19286

• MOutcast
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 50
ok great, i pledged :-)

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 9 months ago #19299

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Thanks so much Jens, the cosm.co.nz crew getting together to help me out! 80% pledges so far from Cosmic Core crew members! =D

//Damon Breakz\\

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 9 months ago #19301

• MOutcast
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 50
hello david,

you know i love the brazilian stuff. and i think with your musical technical and live experience you could really come up with a interesting record.
and i hope we will manage to have a beer together when you are in portugal. :-)

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 9 months ago #19494

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Thanks so far to the Cosm Community, especially Cosmic Core artists who make up most of my pledges. I really appreciate it.

//Damon Breakz\\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 8 months ago #19710

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Thanks to he band of Cosm / Cosmic Core brothers who made a pledge for my Kickstarter. it wasn't successful ..but never mind..

I have a new plan of recovery and have sent you all an email. If you want to you can still help me out, to raise the £265 I need to do a day's recording of my Bossa Nova live set in a London studio in January. I will owe a free 2 hour gig to anyone who donates over £20!!

www.facebook.com/BossaRenovator/app_190322544333196

I'll also put together an e-booklet with lyrics from the music, explaining the tunes' meaning and put a thank you section at the back for all donors. cheers!

//Damon Breakz\\

An Army Of Music-Lovers Needed! 3 years 8 months ago #19725

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Just a reminder to all who pledged for my Kickstarter project and anyone else who wants to/can help:

After the failure of my album plans I am going ahead with a January recording of my Bossa Nova Live set. I will use the recording as my demo to find gigs in decent venues across the UK and abroad and I will give everyone who donates a copy of the session wav/MP3 files.

The recording will be done in Area18.net studios in London. A 10 hours session: micing up , levels checks, running through takes of my set, some percussion overdubs plus a quick general mix and master. i can also take the files home to produce them further if I wanted with drums etc.

For this I need to raise £265 (£240 for the session and £25 for the train ticket), I have already got 2 donations totaling £50, so I am part way there!

It would be great to see something good come out of my terrible Kickstarter experience, so donations of any sort would help get this done and as a reward I will owe a free 2 hour gig credit to anyone who donates over £20, to be used the next time we can arrange it!

Plus throughout the year I will be supporting your causes and music project when I have the money.

I also plan on putting together an e-booklet with lyrics from the music, explaining the tunes' meaning and put a thank you section at the back for all donors. (just tell me if you don't want me to put your name or if you want your artist name)

So, that's it, there is a Donate button here: www.facebook.com/BossaRenovator/app_190322544333196

Merry Christmas everyone and have a Happy New Year!

cheers,

=Dave (Damon Breakz)

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts