Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 'Interactive Noise' Disgustingly Epic Bassline!!!

'Interactive Noise' Disgustingly Epic Bassline!!! 2 years 4 months ago #23052

• Rennaise11
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hello fellow Cosmites!

This is my first post to the community after signing up a little while ago! I'd be really appreciative if anyone could help me out on this one. I want to be able to recreate the Bassline from two songs in particular which have been remixed by the same the same artist, Interactive Noise. I've attached two youtube links as examples of the particular sound I'm after. I simply cannot make anything that comes close, and that's because I have zero idea how this guy does it! The Bassline begins at around 55 seconds on the first track (Trap Check) and at around 1 min 25 on the second (Return of the Jedi).

'Trap Check'
'Return of the Jedi'

Any help, advice or direction would be amazing! Thanks in advance, anyone who takes this one up!

Jake
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Interactive Noise' Disgustingly Epic Bassline!!! 2 years 4 months ago #23058

• zeb
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi do you know about side-chaining?
That's going on, at least in the jedi one.
You'd be best looking up a tutorial on that, but in brief, one instrument (usually the kick but could be the bass I think) causes the others to temporarily "duck" in volume.
For a few seconds around 3.27, I think the part is ducking the others, even though the part itself has been made inaudible- perhaps it's volume has been reduced, but after the point in the chain where it reaches the threshold where it ducks the other parts.

You prob know more about that than me, but it might be one small part of achieving what your after.
Cool tune that.

'Interactive Noise' Disgustingly Epic Bassline!!! 2 years 4 months ago #23062

• Rennaise11
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Thanks very much zeb!

You're right, the dude's definately getting this one to move with sidechaining!

I'm sure that the kick and bassline are in the same key. I just love the way that the bassline seems to evolve from the kick - like it's coming right out of it. I guess that next comes figuring out how he's made the bass sound. Any ideas? I can't figure out if he's layered it, if the synth he's used gives it that metal texture, or if he's added erosion etc etc.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to the tracks by the way!

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts