Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: squelchy zipper bass?

squelchy zipper bass? 2 years 4 months ago #24347

• ClaytonVincent
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
heard a lot of people do this. the example here is a whitebear song. the sound happens a lot around 3 min in. holler at me if you have any ideas <3

whitebearsounds.bandcamp.com/track/whitebear-transmute-release
The administrator has disabled public write access.

squelchy zipper bass? 2 years 4 months ago #24403

• drew92gill
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hey brotha man, so I'm pretty sure the squelchy zipperness you're referring to is actually not a bass (although with some smart synthesizing, i.e. lowering the octave and layering a sub underneath, it could easily be bass material!) but a saw or square wave with a pitch envelope and automated attack/decay/sustain/ and release. Add some cool fx like saturation, reverb, time delay, and arpeggiation and you've got yourself some juicy zipps! I just recently learned how to make this sound from a mad zach youtube tutorial. Search youtube for mad zach laz(s?)ers and there's a great ableton tutorial! Peace and happy sound designing!
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by drew92gill. Reason: Pos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts