Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: How mastered the Psy break Lead

How mastered the Psy break Lead 1 year 11 months ago #24666

• Nemz
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hello Everybody, I wanted to ask you how you think it creates that sound? I do with sweeping, but I can not like him has mastered
the sound start at 1min39 it's a psychedelic Lead/pad who sweep . It s very precise and mastered.
I tried several times but I'm not satisfied of result... I do with 2 band pass filter or by modulating the pulse width, by modulating the offset or phases, by modulating the detune of multiple wavetables, I think I'm on a good way but it is not yet that. it's been that I turn around...
Big Thanks .. I wait yours feedbacks...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How mastered the Psy break Lead 1 year 11 months ago #24700

• Nemz
nobody ? maybe Tom can help me ?

How mastered the Psy break Lead 1 year 9 months ago #24851

• InnerTime
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
psy breaks, my favourite :D
it sounds kinda with flanger or phaser effect

How mastered the Psy break Lead 1 year 9 months ago #24852

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hey Mate,

I think you're on the right path with multi band pass filters... sounds like it might be one of the fancy filter VST plugins.

I also thing playing with a reverb with a very short decay time ads a lot of body to it... that and some interesting oscillator changes.

Here's my 5 minute attempt at trying to get close to it. www.dropbox.com/s/1gaqkxiorl8omq8/Psy%20Lead%20Project.zip?dl=0

Let me know how you go!

How mastered the Psy break Lead 1 year 5 months ago #25320

• Nemz
Oh, I just see your message Tom , big thanks, I try this now

How mastered the Psy break Lead 1 year 4 months ago #25358

• Nemz
hi tom, hi the community, I have Experienced the lead, it's close but I find that sound still crunshy as DnBass, I would make it more harmonic, i try to change the waveforms to play with the reso filters , I am pretty but it is not yet good, di you have idea ? Thanks

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts