Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Stephan Bodzin

Stephan Bodzin 1 year 9 months ago #25009

• Liggy
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hello guys :) really happy that i stumbled upon this great forum from best producer evah.

So ... the sounds that are in my great interest are mostly coming from stephan bodzin tracks. Good thing he posted synthapella of his tracks. The tracks that interests me the most is this :

soundcloud.com/stephanbodzin/21-stephan-...ers-of-ten-remixes-1

The sounds start from 1st minute , or to be more specific these arpeggios with some nice spacey delays. Second sound is this roaring bass that opens up and closes down in the track but i cant figgure how to make that roaring so poweful and i cant figure out what he does when he makes bass go up and down (is there a glide on ?) Best suggestion is just to listen to the whole track to get my point (dont worry it is really cool track so it wont waste your time).

Best thing would be to make some synth patch , for example Moog arturia mini v or serum if possible. Then i would try to recreate this sound on my bass station novation 2.

So guys , please help em out :) Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all.
Just here and there ...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stephan Bodzin 1 year 8 months ago #25019

• Liggy
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Bump
Just here and there ...

Stephan Bodzin 1 year 8 months ago #25031

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hey mate,

I'm not even gonna pretend like I know how to recreate this with software. Bodzin is the man, and no doubt this was made on some beautiful vintage piece of analog gear. I'm not usually one to be all analog vs digital but I reckon you can just hear it, the subtlety of the envelopes on the amp and the filter and just their unique slopes just screams analog to me.

You can also hear some sort of flavor when the filters really open up... and to me it just sounds like some sort of analog drive.

Perhaps your best bet, if you can't get your hands on an Moog or an old Korg or something, is hit up some of the plugins that have really good old school sample banks. The Arturia collection come to mind, or Omnisphere 2 has a pretty amazing selection of old analog sounds.

Good luck.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts